[LON-CAPA-users] Response entry preview

Rex Abert Rex.Abert at tcc.fl.edu
Wed Jan 25 15:20:53 EST 2023

For formula response questions, there seems to be some javascript employed to show students a preview of what they've typed.  This is extremely useful in aiding the students to get whatever expression typed correctly:  if it renders in the preview as the answer was intended, all is good.  Helps catch mismatched parentheses and whatnot.

I have a large number of customresponse questions for my Calculus II course, where I let Maxima and Perl do a lot of the heavy lifting to evaluate the students' answers.  Unfortunately, the previewer is not enabled on customresponse problems.  Is there a particular javascript that I can enable/import into a question, perhaps in authoring space, to get the previewer working?

Rex

***Due to Florida's very broad public records law, most written communications to or from Tallahassee Community College employees regarding College business are public records, available to the public and media upon request. Therefore, this email communication and your response may be subject to public disclosure.***