[LON-CAPA-users] [External] display number with "E" scientific notation

Lucas, Mark lucasm at ohio.edu
Wed Sep 28 16:39:35 EDT 2022

Nathan,

A workaround would be to do a sprintf in the script and then use the string in the text of the problem.

<script type=“loncapa/perl”>
$length = 157;
$result = sprintf("%.02E", $length);
</script>
<startouttext/> The length is $result meters.<endouttext/>

It’s a bit cumbersome, but it looks like it works.

Mark