[LON-CAPA-users] {Disarmed} {Disarmed} Re: Lon-Capa demo problems on website

Lucas, Mark lucasm at ohio.edu
Thu Feb 18 16:06:27 EST 2021

Itay,

I’ve placed a few samples in:

/res/showandtell/SntPhysics/Favorites/Mark Lucas Favorites/Sample_problems.sequence

There are several that use HTML5, so they are not a “standard” problem.
When Java and Physlets ran into issues in browsers, I coded a minimal chunk of HTML5 to
allow me to replicate some of my old physlet kinematics problems. I also took Wolfgang’s
arrow code that he shared with the group at a conference, stripped it down to a single arrow
(to wrap my head around it), and created several simple “single arrow” practice problems.

I’ve also included a simple gnuplot problem and random label problem.

Under the hood one of the nice features is the ability to code adaptive hints.
As well  conceptgroups are a feature that allow on to produce more sophisticated randomization
in a fairly simple manner.

Hope this helps,
Mark
Mark Lucas 								email: lucasm at ohio.edu
252D Clippinger Lab						phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy			fax: (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701