[LON-CAPA-users] {Disarmed} {Disarmed} Re: Lon-Capa demo problems on website

Raeburn, Stuart raeburn at msu.edu
Thu Feb 18 11:55:51 EST 2021

I updated the "Additional Physics Sample Problems" link on www.lon-capa.org/demo.html to point at www.phy.ohio.edu/~lucas/loncapa/ccli/

Stuart Raeburn
LON-CAPA Academic Consortium
From: LON-CAPA-users <lon-capa-users-bounces at mail.lon-capa.org> on behalf of Lucas, Mark via LON-CAPA-users <lon-capa-users at mail.lon-capa.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2021 11:43 AM
To: Itay; Discussion list for LON-CAPA users
Subject: {Disarmed} [LON-CAPA-users] {Disarmed} Re: Lon-Capa demo problems on website

Itay,

This web page actually looks at sample problems creating for an NSF proposal back in 2004. We did not get funded, but I have been using many of these DC Circuit problems for years.

http://www.phy.ohio.edu/~lucas/loncapa/ccli/index.html<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.phy.ohio.edu/*lucas/loncapa/ccli/index.html__;fg!!HXCxUKc!hbfv56dm8hWJWsyvfPLgyBniP4NDVZ_q2yJrTszx8JKtlZavXaLZEodX4k1low$>

The idea was to create a range of problems, both conceptual and numerical, that probed misconceptions in DC Circuits based on McDermott and Shaffer's PER work in the late 90's.

I don't know that any of these are that revolutionary: ranking, optionresponse, numerical problems, but the are freely available for use under /res/ohiou/ccliphys and they are publicly published so that they can be publicly accessed without logging in.

Later,
Mark