[LON-CAPA-users] problems with mass-enrollment at the domain level

Itay itayf at nospammail.net
Sat Oct 17 11:31:04 EDT 2020

Hi Stuart,

On Sat, 17 Oct 2020, at 05:09, Raeburn, Stuart wrote:
> Itay,
>

> > However, after uploading a users sample  file, and pressing 'upload users' button,
> > I am prompted to supply initial password. This implied internal authentication ; right?
> > As our production system does not use internal authentication I was not sure
> > if I should continue.
> >

> The options available to you for "Login Type:" when creating user accounts, after uploading a csv file of users, are determined by the domain configuration for the jce domain.  However, it sounds as though you have yet to explicitly set the domain configuration for "User creation" for the jce domain.
>
> To remedy that, as Domain Coordinator, use:
> Main Menu > Set domain configuration > Display ("User creation" checked).
>
> and then ensure that in the "Creating users when a Domain Coordinator" row the checkbox is checked for an authentication type of Local, then push "Save" (see attached #1).  Note: if you are using "Local" authentication, a customization must have been made previously to /home/httpd/lib/perl/localauth.pm on the jce LON-CAPA library server.
>
> Once you have updated the Assignable authentication types for the jce domain, then on testdrive.loncapa.net, the Login Type box on the page displayed after uploading a file of users should show "Local authentication", instead of "Internal", (see attached #2).

It works!
I could not upload the complete file because there were connection time-out warnings.
But the process is completed fully when I use chunks of 400 students.  No big problem.

So thank you so much for the help!

Itay

N.B.
Unless something irritating pops-up during the students update, I will send one last confirmation message to the list when I am done.