[LON-CAPA-users] Custom Response Question

Harding, Gene L glhardin at purdue.edu
Thu Mar 26 14:14:15 EDT 2020

Hi,

I am trying to do something with a customresponse part that I cannot do really cleanly with normal response types, but am having some trouble evaluating the inputs. The inputs include numeric and text values as part of a single array input. I am having to problems:

1.       I have not been able to figure out a way, in the "if" statements, to distinguish between a zero (0) answer and a null ("") answer.

2.       The string components evaluate to true for any text value. Only numeric entries evaluate as false.

My questions:

1.       Is there a way to distinguish between a 0 and a null (i.e., no) response?

2.       Is it possible to input both numeric and string values in separate textline inputs within one customresponse section?

Best regards,

Gene L. Harding, PE
Associate Professor of ECET
Purdue University