[LON-CAPA-users] tracking student responses to Discussion Board?

Sally S Hunnicutt sshunnic at vcu.edu
Tue Apr 21 10:15:29 EDT 2020

Good afternoon,

I hope everyone is healthy. I have not seen a response to this - not sure
if that is due to an issue with my email or something else. So I am
re-sending this question.

Does anyone know if there is a feature that summarizes which students in a
class have posted to a dedicated discussion board? And possibly how many
times the students posted to the board? I want to assign credit for
participation. For a class with 20-30 students, that can be done manually
without too much trouble, but for larger classes. an automated method would
be helpful. I could use an essay type problem, but I want the students to
discuss/share openly (even if anonymously).

Thanks,
Sally Hunnicutt
Virginia Commonwealth University