[LON-CAPA-users] Greek Characters in Formula Response

Harding, Gene L glhardin at purdue.edu
Fri Apr 17 21:33:19 EDT 2020

Hi,

Does anyone know how to do Greek characters in a formularesponse? Someone shared a response from Stefan Droeschler several years ago, but I cannot get it to work:
<problem>

<script type="loncapa/perl">
$answer="ω+α*t";
</script>

<formularesponse answer="$answer">
<textline size="25" addchars="α,ω"/>
</formularesponse>

</problem>

Is a cut and paste from MS Word OK for putting the Greek characters into the script and addchars statement? If not, how can I do that? Once that is done, how do you enter the Greek characters into the formularesponse textline field?

Best regards,

Gene L. Harding, PE
Associate Professor of ECET
Purdue University