[LON-CAPA-users] Returning Work to students

Lucas, Mark lucasm at ohio.edu
Sun Apr 12 16:17:59 EDT 2020

Hi,

I just ran into something unexpected, and I’m reaching out to see if anyone has a workaround.

We had students upload a picture of their work for some of the recent online exams.

In the grading area there is an option to return a commented version of the file to the student:
("Return commented version of samplework.jpg to student:”)

My colleagues took what in this case was primarily jpegs, pulled them into pdfs, commented
them and then uploaded.

When uploading the file keeps the same name (and file extension) as the originally submitted
document. One can, in retrospect, see how it is inferred in the language “Return commented
version of…”), but it caught us off guard.

We are now telling students to right-click, "Save Link As” and change the file type to .pdf.

Are we missing something? Is there a way to cleanly keep the filetype on the upload?

Thanks,
Mark

Mark Lucas 								email: lucasm at ohio.edu
252D Clippinger Lab						phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy			fax: (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701