[LON-CAPA-users] style a true/false (checkbox) optionresponse?

Mills, Douglas G dmills at illinois.edu
Mon Feb 12 18:31:53 EST 2018

Hi Friends,

Is there any way to style a true/false option response (checkbox) question?  I have a series of questions each with 15 short answers (letters A-O) so it would be convenient to do something like arrange them in three columns of five or five columns of three rather than 15 choices all vertically aligned down the page.  I would opt for a regular option response (drop-down) except some of these questions have two correct answers to be chosen, so I think I'm fairly limited to checkboxes.  While most elements in Lon-Capa are easily controlled with stylesheets, checkboxes seem to be an exception.  Styles applied around individual foils are lost, styles applied within a foil do not include the checkbox itself...  Any pro tips on this?  I know I can use custom or stringresponse and design my own but I was hoping to avoid that if possible.  Thanks!

Doug

Douglas Mills
Director of Instructional Technology
Department of Chemistry