[LON-CAPA-users] missing /res/msu/ library

Stuart Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Tue Jan 3 16:56:52 EST 2017

Hector,

MSU IT Services recently made a change to security settings at the MSU
network border which prevents servers outside MSU connecting to
LON-CAPA servers in the msu domain via the dedicated port used by
LON-CAPA.

At present, inbound "internal" LON-CAPA connections to the MSU library
server (which houses resources in the msu domain) are blocked, and
hence directory listings for /res/msu are unavailable in user sessions
hosted on servers in other domains.

You can, however, still log-in to one of the MSU LON-CAPA servers and
have your user session hosted there. If you do that you'll be able to
browse /res/msu/physicslib.

I submitted a request about a week ago to MSU IT Services to re-enable
access to the LON-CAPA port on servers in the msu and msudemo domains
from other domains, but because of the holiday period the status of
that request (#17221) remains open.

Stuart Raeburn
LON-CAPA Academic Consortium