[LON-CAPA-users] Reduced Points for multiple attempts

Carl Lira lira at egr.msu.edu
Tue Sep 20 14:49:30 EDT 2016

I have written improved help instructions for the spreadsheet grading to
implement conditional grading, and also to make spreadsheet templates for
grade categories and easily apply the templates to individual loncapa
problems. For example, once a template has been created for on assessment
for partial credit, the template can readily applied to other problems. I
also use templates for grade categories to copy awarded points to particular
columns so that they are quickly tabulated for each category.

The edits have not yet been incorporated into the help files (perhaps
because I have not committed the changes to the repository - I can't
remember the status of the draft!), but if you are interested, send me an
e-mail off-list, and I can share the draft.

My method does change the 'Points Awarded' in the spreadsheet view, but I
have not tested in the Assessment Chart mentioned by Doug Mills.

P.S. I support the ability to save/load spreadsheet files which makes the
above process easier to share between courses.

Carl Lira
Associate Professor
Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science
2527 Engineering Building
428 S. Shaw Lane
Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI 48824-1226