[LON-CAPA-users] can I identify an empty submission?

Mills, Douglas G dmills at illinois.edu
Wed May 11 12:34:17 EDT 2016

HI All,

If in a multiple choice question a student clicks the Submit Answer button without choosing an answer, I know there is no visible status message that appears for the student, but I'm wondering if there is some type of code that can be identified somewhere?  I have a problem with 25 parts, each of which has a multiple choice question and I'm looking for a way of identifying if a student hits submit on any of those parts without selecting an answer. Is there Lon-Capa magic for that? Thanks!

(and if anyone want to know WHY I'd want to do that, I'll be happy to share)

Doug

Douglas Mills
Director of Instructional Technology
Department of Chemistry