[LON-CAPA-users] instructor-assigned slots

Stuart Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Wed Jul 6 18:54:42 EDT 2016

Doug,

> ...The Exam is a single multi-part problem so I'm assuming
> "an enclosing map level" in this case can be the exam itself, right?

Correct.

If the exam consists of just one problem (albeit multi-part) then you
could also set the "Slots of availability [Part: 0] (available)"
parameter at a Resource level for a particular student, or at a
Resource level for a group (for that specific problem).

On thing to be aware of when using groups for this is that once a
student has been added to a group, then for the student's session to
reflect that he/she would need to:

(a) Click the "Check for Changes" link in the Functions menu on the
Courses/Roles page.

or

(b) Click the "Re-select" button for the particular course on the
Courses/Roles page.

or

(c) Log-out and log-in again.

Stuart Raeburn