[LON-CAPA-users] instructor-assigned slots

Stuart Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Wed Jul 6 13:08:57 EDT 2016

Carl,

> Would this be solved by setting the 'time that students can no longer
> reserve' to the same as the 'slot end time'?

No, that is not currently supported.

The slot "helper" used to configure a slot will not allow you to set
the "Time students can no longer reserve" to a value that is after the
start time of the slot.

(A message will be displayed: "Reservation end time must come before
the slot has started", if you try to do that).

In addition, the list of selectable slots displayed to a student
excludes any slots for which the slot start time is in the past.

LON-CAPA could. however, be modified to allow an end "reservation
date/time" after a slot's start time, and also to allow new
reservations on slots which had already started. (The option to
specify a "Time students can no longer reserve" is itself a relatively
new feature -- added in LON-CAPA 2.11).

Stuart Raeburn
LON-CAPA Academic Consortium