[LON-CAPA-users] difference between Show Answer in authoring space and Answers available in Courses

Mills, Douglas G dmills at illinois.edu
Thu Jan 21 13:12:19 EST 2016

Hi All,

I just found today that when you have a problem with the show parts one at a time parameter turned on, in the authoring space if you set the Problem Status to "Show Answer" it will show answers to only the parts you've attempted plus one. This had me worried because one of my instructors has taken to using this with some additional coding to show only one part at a time (including having any completed parts disappear as well) but going into an actual course and looking at these quizzes with answers available shows that they DO show all parts, even if they have not been attempted by the student, which for us at least is the desired behavior. I'm not particularly concerned about this difference between authoring space and course behavior, but wanted to point it out in case the information is useful to others.

Doug

Douglas Mills
Director of Instructional Technology
Department of Chemistry