[LON-CAPA-users] block conditions based on elapsed time

Bob Gonzales rgonzal at binghamton.edu
Sat Oct 31 11:50:08 EDT 2015

Hi,

We have some problems that we use in our lab courses where the students
enter experimental data in one part of the problem which is then used in
calculations in another part of the problem.  The displaying of the parts
are controlled by block conditions.

We would like allow them access to the part with the calculations if their
experimental data is correct OR if they at least tried to enter some
experimental data AND the lab period is over.  If their experimental data
is not correct and the lab period is over then we would give them alternate
data to use for the calculations.

I don't see a way to get the current date/time in lon-capa so I'm not sure
how we could accomplish this.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Bob Gonzales
Binghamton University
Chemistry Dept