[LON-CAPA-users] legal name change/user id change

Stuart Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Wed Oct 7 17:57:27 EDT 2015

Nate,

> Can the username then be changed at the end of the semester?

The idea is that end access dates will have been set for the student's
roles in the current semester's course(s) such that they will expire
at the end of the semester, or soon thereafter.  If that were the case
the student could continue to log-in to LON-CAPA using the old
username after the end of the semester, but there would be no roles to
select from the student's Courses screen.  However, if there were a
need for the student to access the old course(s) and view grades etc.,
the expired role(s) could be re-enabled.

For the new semester's courses, the student should be enrolled with
the new username, and will be able to log-in normally (e.g., with
institutional authentication and/or Single Sign On). In addition,
automated enrollment should automatically create the new username and
enroll the student in the new semester's courses.

Once support for virtualized usernames is available in LON-CAPA (bug
4453) there will no longer be a need for the steps described in my

LON-CAPA Academic Consortium