[LON-CAPA-users] Jsmol with Internet Explorer and Safari

Stuart Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Mon Nov 9 22:26:24 EST 2015

Bob,

> The file name does not contain the extension .bin, but if the URL was
> being examined instead of the file name, then the string ".bin" does
> appear (in .binghamton).

If I use the IP address for loncapa7.chem,binghamton.edu instead of
the hostname, i.e.,
http://128.226.130.234/res/msu/raeburn/testing/jmol/jsmolwebpage.html

then Safari will display the molecule in jsmol without error.

That supports my idea that the string: .bin within chem.binghamton.edu
is causing jsmol to consider that the "load caffeine.mol" call in
jmolApplet() is a request for a binary file.

Stuart Raeburn
LON-CAPA Academic Consortium