[LON-CAPA-users] Printing with version 2.11.1

Stuart Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Wed Jun 24 12:34:43 EDT 2015

Hi Rex,

Investigating some more ...

The particular resource:
/res/msu/kortemey/physicsprecourse/geometry/arclength.problem

includes an image: arc.jpg from which an arc.jpg.eps file is created
during printout generation using ImageMagick.

It looks as though the versions of ImageMagick and ImageMagick-perl
included with CentOS 6 (ImageMagick-6.5.4.7-7.el6_5 and
ImageMagick-perl-6.5.4.7-7.el6_5) are creating .eps files result in a
.ps file with errors (which results in a "blank" pdf file when
ps2pdf13 is run).

I will look into building rpms for more recent versions of ImageMagick
that do not have this problem, and add them to the LON-CAPA CentOS 6
repository at http://install.loncapa.org/centos/loncapa/6/x86_64/

In the meantime, if Gerd (the problem author) wishes to create and
publish an eps format version -- arc.eps -- in the same directory as
the arc.jpg file that will be used in printout generation, thereby
eliminating the need for the call to convert the jpg using ImageMagick.

Stuart Raeburn
LON-CAPA Academic Consortium