[LON-CAPA-users] Illegal division by zero
Herrick, Robert J
rherrick at purdue.edu
Mon Jun 1 16:45:55 EDT 2015
Sent from my iPhone
On Jun 1, 2015, at 4:37 PM, Bob Gonzales <rgonzal at binghamton.edu<mailto:rgonzal at binghamton.edu>> wrote:
So, I got another one today. If you look at 'Script Vars' for partB, an answer was actually calculated for the part. Here's a cut and paste from the 'Script Vars' windows while viewing the message:
$ansb is the answer for this part, $f1 is the variable in the denominator that lon-capa is referring to in the message:
Illegal division by zero at (eval 88895) line 6.
occurred while running
$ansb=($ansa/$f1)* $f2 * 6.0221e23;
This error occurred while processing part t06p12b
The error occurred on host binghamtona7
So, I don't know how lon-capa calculated the answer and then complained about an illegal divide by zero.
On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 4:37 PM, Bob Gonzales <rgonzal at binghamton.edu<mailto:rgonzal at binghamton.edu>> wrote:
- The servers are all in the binghamton domain: loncapa3.chem.binghamton.edu<http://loncapa3.chem.binghamton.edu>, loncapa5,chem.binghamton.edu<http://chem.binghamton.edu>, loncapa7.chem.binghamton.edu<http://loncapa7.chem.binghamton.edu>. The machines are not identical machines. I believe they are 7, 5, 2 years old respectively. They all have 8 GB or better of memory. They are all Xenons with multiple cores. They are all running Centos 5.11 and Loncapa 2.10.1.
- This is occurred for 3 students, 2 other students have gotten it correct. Many others haven't tried it yet.
- We've used this problem before and haven't gotten bombs before. But, of course, there have been many Centos updates applied since we used it last summer.
- Setting all the variables in partA would take care of it but I've always done it this way to cut down on the scrolling up and down when creating/editing problems.
- Clicking 'Script Vars' while viewing the message does show the variable with a value.
- I set a useless variable in the first part and changed it's value in the second part per Damien's suggestion, we will see what happens.
Thanks for all the feedback. I will keep you posted.
LON-CAPA-users mailing list
LON-CAPA-users at mail.lon-capa.org<mailto:LON-CAPA-users at mail.lon-capa.org>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the LON-CAPA-users