[LON-CAPA-users] Printing with version 2.11.1

Stuart Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Thu Jul 9 18:41:44 EDT 2015

Hi,

> The updates to ImageMagick have been completed, and the resources
> print with the images---the conversion of images is successful.

Thanks for reporting back to the mailing list.

The original subject line for this thread: "Printing with version
2.11.1" is misleading, as I encountered the same "blank PDF" behavior
you had originally seen, when generating printouts on LON-CAPA servers
running 2.10.1, 2.11.0, or 2.11.1 for the resource:

/res/msu/kortemey/physicsprecourse/geometry/arclength.problem

if the ImageMagick version installed was 6.5.4.7-7.el6 (i.e., the
standard version used by CentOS/Red Hat/Scientific Linux 6).

Accordingly, as described in my post to the lon-capa-admin list last month:

http://mail.lon-capa.org/pipermail/lon-capa-admin/2015-June/003065.html

I added updated ImageMagick packages (version: 6.8.9-7) to the
LON-CAPA package repositories for CentOS/Red Hat/Scientific Linux 6.

When Mike Thomas (your server administrator) updated the tccfl
LON-CAPA server yesterday the rev. 6.8.9-7 ImageMagick packages were
the ones applied.

Stuart Raeburn
LON-CAPA Academic Consortium