[LON-CAPA-users] FW: help with RSS feeds

lira lira at egr.msu.edu
Wed Jan 7 17:00:20 EST 2015

I need help to understand existing RSS configurations. These are
undocumented in the course manual.

(1) When replying to a discussion forum, there is a checkbox for 'Add to my
Public Course Blog'.  This is not documented in the course manual. When I
create a blog when signed into the course role, is the blog automatically
become my course blog that is independent of a blog created in a different
course?
(2) I believe that these RSS feeds belong to the individual who created
them?
(3) If I have multiple courses, will all of my feeds show up on the profile
page, or only the feeds for the course viewed by the student?
(4) Is the only access to the course RSS feed via the Course Announcements?
(5) How do students subscribe to the course RSS feed?
(6) Is a 'Blog' different from a 'Feed' or are they just different names for
the same RSS feed?

Thanks!
Carl Lira