[LON-CAPA-users] automatically decrease point value with number of attempts

lira lira at egr.msu.edu
Wed Feb 11 15:51:05 EST 2015

Doug,

After this thread, I realize the use of assessment sheets is an excellent
way to put work in categories, and saves a huge amount of work compared to
what I have been doing! For example, if homework is to go in column 'a', an
assessment sheet could be written to put it there automatically by just
creating a 'homework assessment sheet' and setting that assessment sheet to
be used for that item on the student sheet.  Exams or other stuff could go
automatically into column 'b', by creating/using and 'exam assessment
sheet'. The student sheet will total them properly once they are set.

This also eliminates my frustration over the width of the tables because by
using an assessment sheet, the instructor can easily see which category is
assigned to a given resource, and the appropriate column will be used
automatically.

You have a very good point Doug, that the instructor must remember to 'Save
as default' after selecting the assessment sheets when working on the
student sheet.

Thanks for a good thread.

Carl