[LON-CAPA-users] correct answer becomes incorrect??

Mills, Douglas G dmills at illinois.edu
Tue Sep 2 13:57:18 EDT 2014

HI All,

I've a baffling case where it appears the student received credit for an answer and then needed to answer again??  Here's a link to a screenshot of her "previous tries" screen:

https://uofi.box.com/s/0ll85bwsxydk6rzbni2l

Two additional notes: (1) her correct attempt came about 45 minutes after I had republished the problem. There was only a change in the text of the problem, not anything that should have impacted answers in any way.  (2) The answer that was accepted was "20." but now the answer indicated/expected as correct is 0.30. The answer to this question does have dependencies on previous answers, but the record of her trials indicates that all questions were completed in order so once she got to this question, there should not have been any additional impact on the answer…. Any ideas?

Doug

Douglas Mills
Director of Instructional Technologies
Department of Chemistry