[LON-CAPA-users] New Content/Problem Editor - Input needed NOW

Damien Guillaume damieng at msu.edu
Tue Oct 21 13:09:56 EDT 2014

> Have you tried multi-web-mode?  It switches between nxml-mode and
> cperl-mode depending on the position of the point.  I find it quite
> handy for developing LON-CAPA problems.

I don't use Emacs, never learned to use it. I think I got scared after
being unable to exit the first time I tried. For local XML I use Jaxe,
which I have developed (with a specific config file for each language).

Hopefully the future LON-CAPA text editor will be able to provide syntax
highlighting and contextual help for both XML and Perl, depending on the
cursor position. I can see how that would be useful. For now I am not
planning to add anything other than syntax highlighting for Perl code in
the graphical editor.

Damien