[LON-CAPA-users] Disabling remote browser caching answers?

Raymond Batchelor batchelo at sfu.ca
Fri Nov 7 15:41:34 EST 2014

Hi Stuart,

To clarify.
The issue is/was this:

Students in a lab, use the same computers (sharing the same Windows account and FireFox browser) to submit answers to a few questions, before they leave.
We found that, unless we disabled history on those browsers, when students started to enter a numerical answer, the entire history of previous submissions by other students popped to view.  Kind of "gave the game away".
We have disabled history in those browsers for which it was previously enabled, and thus resolved that particular localized issue.

Though, it would be nice to be able to selectively block history, for specific response fields (I suppose), in some instances.

Thanks,
Ray