[LON-CAPA-users] Plagiarism Checking

Mills, Douglas G dmills at illinois.edu
Mon Aug 18 15:58:33 EDT 2014

Hi All,

Can anyone point me toward documentation of the current plagiarism checking in Lon-Capa? I've found the following note online taken by a colleague during the 2011 Lon-Capa users conference I think:

"If submitted plain text, can do plagiarism checker against all other submissions to that same problem (regardless of course, institution, etc.)"

But I don't know if that accurately describes the state today. Somewhere else I saw an indication that this works only in essay response questions, not, for example, in uploaded Word documents.  Thanks for guidance and help on this.

Doug

Douglas Mills
Director of Instructional Technologies
Department of Chemistry