[LON-CAPA-users] Collaborators - parameter

Stuart Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Wed Jul 31 12:28:53 EDT 2013

Hi,

> Am I correct in assuming that collaborators can only be input for
> essay style questions?

Yes, that is the case currently.

> I know they don't work for the other standard questions. Do they
> work for Customresponse?

The maxcollaborators parameter only has any effect for essayresponse items.

The code which provides the HTML markup for a student to specify
collaborators is in essayresponse::start_essayresponse(), and the code
which saves the list of collaborators is in
essayresponse::end_essayresponse() -- that code is executed if the
target is "grade".

As regards parameter setting ...

/home/httpd/lonTabs/packages.tab contains:

essayresponse&maxcollaborators&type:int_zeropos
essayresponse&maxcollaborators&default:0
essayresponse&maxcollaborators&display:Maximum Number of Collaborators

If you would like to be able to specify collaborators for a different
response type (e.g., customresponse, externalresponse etc.), you may
wish to visit bugs.loncapa.org to add an enhancement request.

LON-CAPA Academic Consortium