[LON-CAPA-users] default maxtries and hinttries

Carl Lira lira at egr.msu.edu
Wed Jul 10 17:28:56 EDT 2013

I am authoring some multipart problems, and I would like to have the correct
answer displayed as the 'hint' after maxtries, so I would like the value of
'hinttries' to default to the value of 'maxtries'.

1)      In searching some of the listserv archives, it appears that I can
use the &EXT function to retrieve the current value of maxtries, but I need
some help with the syntax.

2)      Also, has anyone tried to do this in the problem part?

    <responseparam name="hinttries" default=&EXT(whatever needed from my
first question to get maxtries) />