[LON-CAPA-users] Mark Obsolete?

Mills, Douglas G dmills at illinois.edu
Mon Dec 16 17:37:00 EST 2013

Hi All,

I’ve used “Mark Obsolete” before to enable removal of an item that had been published but was not in use; however, now I’m wondering what exactly happens if you mark something obsolete but don’t delete it. Specifically, we’re updating some content we’ve used previous semesters. I want the older version around for the sake of grades and student information in the older course sites, but I’d like to also flag the resources as no longer being current. Is that what Marking something as Obsolete does — will it stay around and still appear in older courses where it already exists but not be importable any longer?  OR does it behave differently. Thank you!

Doug

Douglas Mills
Director of Instructional Technologies
Department of Chemistry