[LON-CAPA-users] Recommender - Once Again

Alexis Morris amorris at mtroyal.ca
Thu Aug 22 17:18:54 EDT 2013

Hi Gerd,

    Thank you for the link to the Recommender tool.   I've used it a
little, and am much happier with it than the old interface for searching
content.   I must admit that I found the regular interface pretty much
unusable for the following reasons:

- An overwhelming number of search matches and most of the search
results were duplicates.
- very unstable... It often happened that after 1 hour of sifting
through all the matches, the system crashed or froze, forcing me to
restart.   Even more frustrating was that I couldn't find what I
previously found due to the server search order being changed.
- Too many lecture notes, even though I specifically searched for
"problems."

As a result, I gave up trying to import content and found it easier to
simply construct my own questions.     I'm hoping that the Recommender
tool will solve these problems.   So far so good!

Best regards,
Alexis

Dr Alexis Morris
Assistant Professor
Department of Mathematics, Physics and Engineering
Mount Royal University
4825 Mount Royal Gate SW
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
T3E 6K6