[LON-CAPA-users] getting started converting problems from classic CAPA to LON-CAPA

Joseph Mingrone jrm at mathstat.dal.ca
Fri Apr 19 17:24:08 EDT 2013

Hello all;

Our department would like to convert problems from classic CAPA to
LON-CAPA.  We have LON-CAPA 2.10.1-2011113023 up and running in
standalone mode.  I've run the converter to create .problem files from
our .qzp files, but it's not clear to me how I supply these converted
files to LON-CAPA.  How should I supply the converted .problem files
to our standalone LON-CAPA installation?

I've also read through the authoring manual, but it seem to describe a
different version of LON-CAPA.  For example, it talks about a remote
that should pop up, which we don't see.  What is the best resource for
understanding the language used by LON-CAPA?

I envisioned creating new problems locally by editing the source code
in a text editor, then uploading them.  Is this how you create new
problems, or do you simply use the "Simple Problem" link in the course
editor?

Thanks,

Joseph