[LON-CAPA-users] changing random seeds

Raymond Batchelor batchelo at sfu.ca
Mon Sep 3 04:17:15 EDT 2012

Clarification:

When I said, 'This is the "CODE" which would appear on the exam, if printed', what I mean is that, any student who was assigned that same CODE by the random generation from a set of refCodes, would also have the same randomization of the questions (similar to what I explained in Scenario 2).  However, when you print out the PERSONAL problems for a given student, the printout does not display the CODE, only the name of the student, as usual.  This is why I say that you should make a note of which CODE you used and for which student(s).  Then you can use the same CODE again for your staff person, or any other student, for whom you wish to assign the identical questions.

In fact, though, you CAN rediscover what the "CODE"  you used for a given student's specific question was, by using the Grade Current Resource option
"Select individual students to grade and view submissions".

Choose the student for whom you know you had set a "CODE" and select the "all details" radiobutton for "Submissions", before clicking "Next".

The "All details" diaplay of submissions shows the "CODE" for all problem parts for the specific problem resource for that student.

The "CODE" is also shown in the display for "last submission & parts info".

It can also be found in the "recent activity" logs for the student, as "resource.CODE ="

Cheers,
Ray