[LON-CAPA-users] mimetex issues

Sven Strickroth sven.strickroth at tu-clausthal.de
Mon Oct 8 05:33:08 EDT 2012

Hi,

we used
/res/vcu/jmsullivan/math/linear_eqtns/slv_num_lineareqtn_fract2_signed01.problem
in a course and out of 84 students no one was able to correctly solve it.

So I investigated this issue and found out, that with mimetex (the
default) the formula is displayed incorrectly (see
http://home.tu-clausthal.de/~sstri/jsmath.png,
http://home.tu-clausthal.de/~sstri/tth.png and
http://home.tu-clausthal.de/~sstri/mimetex.png); the number before the
"x" is shown as another "x".

Does someone else experience the same problem and how can I solve it?

We're running LonCapa 2.10.1-2011113023 on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.

PS: I tried to send this message on Thirsday, however, it got
dropped/deleted without further notice (maybe because I had the images
attached).

--
Best regards,
 Sven Strickroth