[LON-CAPA-users] catching maxima errors

Peter Dencker dencker at math.uni-luebeck.de
Mon Nov 26 10:00:44 EST 2012

Hi,

executing a syntactically incorrect answer with maxima using
customresponse causes a crash remark 'Internal error ...' and  a  'bomb'
in the construction space of the author. In comparison, mathresponse
returns 'BAD_FORMULA'.

I intend to parse and extensively analyze the submitted formulas with
perl and think that I have to use customresponse.  My own procedure to
check the formulas seems to work but I would like to have a further
confirmation. Is it possible to catch a maxima error as exception (and
force to return 'BAD_FORMULA' like mathresponse)?

- Peter