[LON-CAPA-users] Simplifying polynomial expressions

Seema Ali sali at vsb.bc.ca
Fri Nov 9 12:39:11 EST 2012

I'm not sure what was wrong with that Maxima statement.  My experience with Maxima is very limited. I changed it to:
$equivalent = &cas('maxima',"is(trigsimp($submission=$answer))");

if($equivalent eq "true"){ return 'EXACT_ANS'; }
else{return 'INCORRECT';}

and it seems to be working, so I'm using it with other questions.