[LON-CAPA-users] Exam Security

Lars ljensen at tmcc.edu
Sun Mar 11 14:03:20 EDT 2012

Hi Everyone,

Our lab computers reset to original state when rebooted, so before a
student wants to take an exam, we run a registry file that secures the
station for a student that wants to take a exam. This is relatively
simple to set up. The result is a work station with explorer.exe
disabled so there is no interface to the student other than the
browser, which has been set up in kiosk mode, with a firewall so it
can only access a whitelist of allowed sites. External drives are and
keyboard short cuts have been disabled.

Lars.