[LON-CAPA-users] Exam Security

Seema Ali sali at vsb.bc.ca
Sun Mar 11 13:21:36 EDT 2012

I was wondering how to provide a secure computer environment for writing exams.

The Opera browser has this pretty awesome kiosk mode.  You can even block Alt-F4 and Cntrl-Alt-Del with it in a Windows OS.  However, the computer technician discovered that Opera is not compatible with Lon Capa.  Is that still the case?  The technician is not too keen on maintaining a new browser.  We have Firefox and IE and there is a kiosk mode for Firefox but it is not a secure as Opera.

Oh yeah and for an extra bit of a challenge, I have no budget to implement a solution. =]

Any thoughts?

Thanks.