[LON-CAPA-users] Resources available- a question

Stuart Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Wed Jun 6 12:39:15 EDT 2012

Hi,

> Hey, yes.  I too am wondering. Do messages with attachments get dropped?

Attachments do not get dropped, but if the total size of the message
(including attachments) is more than 40 KB, it will be held pending
approval by the list administrator.

Unfortunately mailman doesn't separate held requests into different
queues for list members and non-members so messages which exceed 40KB
will be buried amidst any spam from non-members that evades the spam
filter.

> I'm thinking that they may go into a repository for Stuart to okay.

They end up in a queue awaiting approval by the list administrator.
Mark's message from yesterday (45 KB attachment) has been approved and
it has been delivered to list subscribers.

Stuart Raeburn
LON-CAPA Academic Consortium