[LON-CAPA-users] Fwd: College Degrees, Designed by the Numbers - Technology - The Chronicle of Higher Education

Gerd Kortemeyer korte at lite.msu.edu
Wed Jul 18 18:58:04 EDT 2012

Hi,

Yes, research on this is currently done by Yoav Bergner at the MIT group at the moment.

Also, there is lots of older research by Behrouz Minaei-Bidgoli, http://www.lon-capa.org/publications.html

I doubt the quoted 70% number. It is possible when your students are lazy and don't complete homework. When you are teaching a group of premeds or MIT students, the signals are much more subtle: timing, number of tries, etc., only get you so far. Copying of homework makes things even harder.

- Gerd.