[LON-CAPA-users] Custom vs. Numeric Responses

st.bisitz at ostfalia.de st.bisitz at ostfalia.de
Tue Feb 28 17:44:38 EST 2012

Hi Doug,

> However, what I’m not getting with numeric response which I do with customresponse,
> is the ability to echo the student’s answer back to them by setting “displayanswer”
> to be equal to their submission.

This is fine for correct answers by the students but would be a bad idea for
- no student's answer and the problem is after answer open date -> nothing is shown as correct answer
- incorrect student's answer and the problem is after answer open date -> incorrect anser is shown to be the correct one

So, better don't use it like that.

> I’d like to [...] display the student’s answer back to them in numericresponse.

You could use the aftersolved block combined with &submission().
This would display the programmed correct answer from the response block and additionally display the student's answer (likely a text block starting with "Your answer was: ...")

Hope this helps,
Stefan Bisitz