[LON-CAPA-users] Referencing data from one problem in another

Mills, Douglas G dmills at illinois.edu
Mon Apr 16 12:21:52 EDT 2012

Following up on the question below, I know that you can use &EXT functions inside a Conditional statement in a sequence, for example, to access information from within one of the problems in the sequence via that problem’s mapalias. I’m experimenting to see if that works also between two problems in a course if one of them has a mapalias set up, etc.  It appears that this does not work, unless perhaps I’m not doing it right...  Any tips on the boundaries that an &EXT function can cross vs. those it cannot, or guidance in its use or documentation besides

https://s10.lite.msu.edu/res/msu/albertel/test/ext_examples.problem#0

Thank you!

Doug