[LON-CAPA-users] Help with &EXT

Stuart Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Fri Sep 9 15:57:54 EDT 2011

Hi,

> We've tried
>     &EXT('user.resource.resource.spdsht.upload.submission')
> for a problem part called "spdsht", but the above always returns a null.

(a) If the problem is answered on a server running LON-CAPA 2.10:

&EXT('user.resource.resource.spdsht.upload.portfiles')

would give a comma separated list of paths of files submitted to the
resource: upload in part: spdsht.

This list would include both files "submitted" to the essayresponse
problem from the student's portfolio, and also files uploaded directly
from the student's computer ("Browse" button), in this later case the
path to the each file begins: /turned_in/  (and the files are stored
internally within the student's portfolio in the /turned_in/ directory.

(b) If the problem is attempted on a server running LON-CAPA 2.9 or
earlier, the presence of a directly uploaded file to a response item:
upload in part: spdsht, will be indicated by:

&EXT('user.resource.resource.spdsht.upload.uploadedurl')

This would give the url for the file (stored in a directory hierarchy
in the course in this case).

The presence of files "submitted" from the portfolio will be indicated
by the contents of
&EXT('user.resource.resource.spdsht.upload.portfiles')  -- the same as
for submission from a server running LON-CAPA 2.10.

Stuart Raeburn
MSU LON-CAPA group