[LON-CAPA-users] Invalid Access when using colleague's Problem in a Sequence?

Mills, Douglas G dmills at illinois.edu
Wed Sep 7 16:19:55 EDT 2011

HI All,

I’m attempting to use a colleague’s problem in a sequence I’m creating and getting the following message when I try to access it within my course:

LON-CAPA Access Control

Access  : Browse resources
Resource: /res/uiuc/cyerkes/Chem_102_/problems/on-line%20quizzes/Calculation_Quiz.problem
Action  : Invalid Access
Sorry ...
This action is currently not authorized.

Am I doing something wrong?  If I import her problem directly into my course that works fine. If I click on the sequence within the course editor, the first problem (same as the one causing the message above) shows up.  Clicking on it though from Course Contents produces the error message above.

We are attempting to use the same problem three times in the sequence (each time it’s for fewer points — we’re wanting to use a conditional in the sequence to prevent students from taking attempt 3 first for the least amount of points and finishing on attempt1 for total points...) I thought that might be the cause, but it works fine using the same problem multiple times if it’s my problem...

I believe the documentation says I should be able to use any resource I have permission to use in a sequence, right?  Thanks for any guidance!

Doug

Douglas Mills
Director of Instructional Technologies
Department of Chemistry