[LON-CAPA-users] Determining Resources Used and *.subscription files

William Kavanagh lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 22 Mar 2011 17:16:56 -0230 (NDT)

Hi,

I am looking to find a quick and easy way to discover what resources have
been used from a user account by a course on the system and possibly
distinguish those from ones used from our local domain.

What I have tried so far is running a search from the back-end to find all
*.problem.subscription files. It generates a list that looks like what I
expect for the user account I am searching. However, there are some signs
that some of the problems with *.problem.subscription have never been used
in a course (i.e. possibly shouldn't be in my list).

I would like to know the conditions are for which a *.subscription file
gets written i.e. does it mean a course has used it or is using it.
Alternatively, maybe there is a an easier way to generate a list of all
files being used (or have been used) by a course? Maybe there is there a
way to search the mysql database (of which I know very little about) for
resources that have statistics?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill
Bill Kavanagh	M.Sc.				Phone: (709) 864-7943
Instructional Assistant/Sessional Instructor	Fax: (709) 864-8739
Department of Physics and Physical Oceanography Office: C-3062
Memorial University of Newfoundland
St. John's, NL, Canada, A1B 3X7

Staff WWW: http://www.mun.ca/physics/people/staff/kavanagh.php
Personal WWW:	http://www.physics.mun.ca/~wkavanag