[LON-CAPA-users] Re: How To Delete A Domain Coordinator

Stuart Raeburn lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Mon, 07 Mar 2011 18:23:32 -0500

Hi,

> Sorry if I have missed this in the documentation, but I am trying to
> delete a domain coordinator in Lon Capa and was just wondering how to go
> about doing that.

This is not yet documented, so you have not missed it in the documentation.

A perl script which is to be run as root, from the command line, which
can be used to expire a Domain Coordinator role for a user for whom
the homeserver is also a library server for the DC role's domain can
be retrieved as follows from the LON-CAPA CVS repository:

All on one line ..

wget -O /root/expire_DC_role.pl
'http://source.loncapa.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/loncom/build/expire_DC_role?rev=1.1;content-type=text/plain'

If you still have a directory on your server from which LON-CAPA 2.9.1
was installed, e.g., /root/loncapa-2.9.1

you could also download expire_DC_role.pl to that directory by
changing the output (-O flag above)

from /root/expire_DC_role.pl
to /root/loncapa-2.9.1/loncom/build/expire_DC_role.pl

This would place the script alongside the existing
add_domain_coordinator_privilege.pl script which is used to assign a
DC role to a user in your domain.

This new script: expire_DC_role.pl will be included with LON-CAPA 2.10.0.

Use perldoc expire_DC_role.pl
to display the documentation for the script, or run it without arguments:

perl expire_DC_role.pl

for guidance on the arguments to use.

Stuart Raeburn
MSU LON-CAPA group