[LON-CAPA-users] Using Slots - Problem Due Date and Time Limit parameters

Amos Lee lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 01 Jun 2011 16:34:41 -0600

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting the timer to count down correctly for time
slots. Say, I have the following scenario with two 1-hour slots:

Time Slot 1:
Start Time: Wed Jun 1 10:00:00 2011 (CST)
End Time  : Wed Jun 1 11:00:00 2011 (CST)
Scheduled Student: student005

Time Slot 2:
Start Time: Thu Jun 2 10:00:00 2011 (CST)
End Time  : Thu Jun 2 11:00:00 2011 (CST)
Scheduled Student: student006

Within each time slot, I want to deliver a 30-min test as timed by Lon
Capa's timer after the student clicks on the Show Resource button to confirm.

In the list of resource parameters, I'm not exactly sure how to set
"Problem Due Date", so I set it to be the same as the End Time of Time Slot
2. The parameter "Time Limit" is set to 1800 (seconds).

But when I tested this, the timer for student005 (who was assigned to Time
Slot 1) did not appear to be counting down 1800 seconds; it appeared to be
counting down towards the End Time of Time Slot 2.

How do I set these parameters correctly?

Thanks,

Amos Lee
Math & Stats
Univ of Sask