[LON-CAPA-users] You name it: LON-CAPA Enterprise

Kashy, Ed lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 5 Jan 2010 21:40:02 -0500

HI Gerd,
Check out the following
elcee
elsee
ellcee
ellsee
Ed

From: lon-capa-users-admin@mail.lon-capa.org [lon-capa-users-admin@mail.lon-capa.org] On Behalf Of Gerd Kortemeyer [korte@lite.msu.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 5:06 PM
To: lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org; lon-capa-admin@mail.lon-capa.org
Subject: [LON-CAPA-users] You name it: LON-CAPA Enterprise

Hi,

As MSU is considering the future of course management systems after ANGEL, the LON-CAPA group was encouraged to have two product strands: the current LON-CAPA product, and a separate "LON-CAPA Enterprise" strand (extra stable and conservative, but behind "bleeding edge," with a greater than two-year lifecycle). This would parallel other open-source products, such as Fedora versus CentOS or RedHat Enterprise.

We were also encouraged to pick another name for the enterprise version, as "LON-CAPA" is considered elegance-impaired (I wonder why, it's such a great name).

We need ideas! Things to consider:

* the domain should be available in .com, .org, and .net
* we should have a fair chance of making the "I'm feeling lucky" top link in Google

Please send your ideas to me!

Thanks!