[LON-CAPA-users] Problem with Groups

Todd Ruskell lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Mon, 1 Feb 2010 21:48:47 -0700

See below:

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 9:06 AM, Stuart Raeburn <raeburn@msu.edu> wrote:
> Todd,
>
> If you view Navigate Contents as Course Coordinator do you see:
>
> (a) A "Course Groups" folder
> (b) A group folder for "Group Folder - StudioTA" within the Course Groups
> folder.

Well, I'm guessing that is the crux of the problem.  The "Course
Groups" folder was non-existent.  In looking back at the change logs,
it appears as though that folder was deleted by a CC after the
previous course ended, but before the course was cloned. . .

> So far I have not replicated the parameter setting errors you report when
> creating a new group.  It is possible that the course update which occurs
> automatically after adding folders, but before automatic setting of
> parameters was unsuccessful for some reason, hence the resources were not
> considered part of the course.

I'm guessing the non-existent "Course Groups" folder is likely more to blame.
Simply creating the "Course Groups" folder didn't do the trick.  I'm
not surprised, but it seemed worth the shot.

So because I have access, i went directly to the xml course map, and
added in a link to "group_allfolders.sequence".  This seems to have
brought the groups back intact.  Any particular reason I shouldn't
have done this?

Todd